This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

Navy Social Links

Navy.com Para Padres

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Format Downloads:

First Time Here?

Before you get started, make sure to read over our Community Guidelines.

Create a profile so you can post Photos and Videos of your son or daughter and share stories with other moms.

If you’re looking for specific answers or just someone to talk with one-on-one, browse the Forums or search Members profiles.

Navy Speak

See this PDF for Navy Speak

N4M Merchandise

printfection
cafepress
zazzle

**Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by cafepress, zazzle, or printfection

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

PA Navy mom commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 12/31/2014 TG 08'
43 seconds ago
navyjeep commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 12/12/2014 TG 05 - 11 Divisions (039-046, 803 and 905-906) Each recruit is allowed 4 guests'
2 minutes ago
GIRLYGIRL1017 joined ellen0502's group
6 minutes ago
navyjeep replied to ellen0502's discussion 'Ship 02 (USS Reuben James) Division 905 and 906 (Brother Divisions)' in the group PIR 12/12/2014 TG 05 - 11 Divisions (039-046, 803 and 905-906) Each recruit is allowed 4 guests
7 minutes ago
gnc2052 commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 11/26/2014 TG 03 - 11 Divisions (019-026, 801-802 and 903) Each recruit will be allowed 4 guests'
9 minutes ago
JC19 commented on Michelle (Craigs Mom)'s group 'DEP-Leavin' for Boot Camp in January'
13 minutes ago
pamesue is attending beverly's event
Thumbnail

Navy Lodge Great Lakes at Navy Lodge Great Lakes

October 7, 2014 to December 31, 2014
16 minutes ago
yvette commented on Melissa Greenfield's group 'Michigan Moms (and Family)'
17 minutes ago
Profile Icon1BlessedNavyMom and Garretsproudmomma are attending OldSarge's event
Thumbnail

PIR 12-05-2014 SARGES MEET AND GREET THURSDAY 12/04/14 at SUNDANCE SALOON WAUKEGAN 300 LAKEHURST ROAD WAUKEGAN

December 4, 2014 from 4:45pm to 9:30pm
23 minutes ago
1BlessedNavyMom replied to ellen0502's discussion 'Ship 14 (USS Arizona) Divisions 033 and 034 (Brother Divisions)' in the group PIR 12/05/2014 TG 04 - 13 Divisions (027-038, and 904) Each recruit will be permitted 3 guests
24 minutes ago
Melshantell replied to Melshantell's discussion 'USS Marvin Shields Ship 13 Div 065'
27 minutes ago
pamesue commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 01/09/2015 TG 09'
30 minutes ago
My daughter will be graduating from recruit training on July 18.
Could you suggest a git for the occasion that would be a meaningful
keepsake to her, following this training experience?

Views: 7100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sherie
What about a scrapbook of all the letters she has written and pictures you will take at bootcamp?
Nice idea, thanks. I have ordered her a Navy pendant that I think she will like, too.
My son called a few weeks ago (he graduates 8/1) and he said he would love a full body massage. He said his back hurts sometimes from sitting on the ground without any back support. Not sure where I would find a place to do that.
My son asked for an electric razor, he said he's tired of shaving every day.
The only thing that my son could take back to the Barrack at night after bootcamp was his watch. He wanted a Navy approved watch and that day we went out and got it.

Most of the kids go to Gurnee Mills Mall there they have pedicures/manicures that give military discount.
How do you know its navy approved or did you wait for your son to go with you?
We waited for him and told him that we wanted him to have a watch as a special graduation present that was Navy approved so he can wear it always.

It's basically all black, with military time on it as well.
This is more of a gag gift. I plan on giving Dusty a "Tide-to-Go" pen. Don't want him messing up his dress whites. He requested a religious medallion for our church that he could wear and I've gotten him one.
My daughter had PIR on 7/3. The only thing that she was allowed to take back on base was a watch. Like Lynn above we took her to the mall and bought her a new watch. The Gurnee mall has a Fossil store there and a Movado store. Apparently the local retailers know that rule too. lol. The Fossil store was pretty busy with new sailors. If you purchase a new watch from a local retailer I would have it engraved with your sailors PIR date.
We did not give him a gift at BC PIR but after he got to his A school we sent him a package of all the things he requested and we tucked in a digital camera and a case for a gift so he can take pictures of all of his Navy adventures across the world...He really liked it

That is sure a sweet and nice idea!!  The package including the gift!!  I sure am taking note of that!! Thanks for the tip!! God Bless!!!

I opened a stock trading account for my SR...with a few dollars deposited to get started. Now he can invest all that money that will just be piling up...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service