This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

Navy Social Links

Navy.com Para Padres

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Format Downloads:

First Time Here?

Before you get started, make sure to read over our Community Guidelines.

Create a profile so you can post Photos and Videos of your son or daughter and share stories with other moms.

If you’re looking for specific answers or just someone to talk with one-on-one, browse the Forums or search Members profiles.

Navy Speak

See this PDF for Navy Speak

N4M Merchandise

printfection
cafepress
zazzle

**Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by cafepress, zazzle, or printfection

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Momof3Div179 commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 05/23/2014 TG 28 - 7 Divisions (177-182, and 928) Each recruit will be permitted 4 guests.'
7 minutes ago
yvonne13marie joined Cindy-AJ'sMom's group
9 minutes ago
Darlene (ship14 div165) commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 05/09/2014 TG 26 - 7 Divisions (165-170 and 926) Each recruit will be permitted 4 guests.'
16 minutes ago
Ladyrocker commented on Michelle (Craigs Mom)'s group 'DEP-Leavin for bootcamp in April'
17 minutes ago
Momof3Div179 replied to ellen0502's discussion 'Ship 09 (USS John F Kennedy) Divisions 179 and 180 (Brother Divisions)' in the group PIR 05/23/2014 TG 28 - 7 Divisions (177-182, and 928) Each recruit will be permitted 4 guests.
21 minutes ago
Momof3Div179 replied to ellen0502's discussion 'Ship 09 (USS John F Kennedy) Divisions 179 and 180 (Brother Divisions)' in the group PIR 05/23/2014 TG 28 - 7 Divisions (177-182, and 928) Each recruit will be permitted 4 guests.
21 minutes ago
Teri commented on Dianne C's group '900's division sailors'
23 minutes ago
24 minutes ago
tysmom commented on Melissa Greenfield's group 'Michigan Moms (and Family)'
27 minutes ago
Carolinagirl65 commented on Dianne C's group '900's division sailors'
29 minutes ago
Teri commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 05/09/2014 TG 26 - 7 Divisions (165-170 and 926) Each recruit will be permitted 4 guests.'
30 minutes ago
Magyc1972 commented on ellen0502's group 'PIR 05/02/2014 TG 25 - 9 Divisions (157-164 and 925) Each recruit will be permitted 4 guests'
33 minutes ago
I am confused how Pre Buds works. Does Pre Buds take the place of regular boot camp? Is Pre Buds during boot camp... or after boot camp? Has anyone's son volunteer for Seals while in boot camp?

Thanks
Patti

Views: 852

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Pre-BUD/s and BUD/S takes the place of A School . . . after PIR (Pass In Review/Boot Camp graduation) they move over to the actual Naval Base from Recruit Training Command. Pre-BUD/S is the preparation for the actual SEAL training that takes place at Coronado/San Diego. They step up physical and mental training in the hopes that a higher percentage of trainees make it thru the intense program.
They (the Navy) has started putting together all SpecOps divisions in Boot Camp which gives them a chance to have more physical training during those 7-9 weeks, but I don't believe that they have an opportunity to train with others WHILE in Boot Camp.
Hope that answers some of your questions:)!
I thought Pre-Buds was in Coronado? Or is it in Chicago? My son left for bootcamp yesterday and will go to Pre-Buds after that. The recruiter told me that since my son will have accumulated 10 days leave by December, that he might be able to come home for 10 days during Pre-Buds around Christmas if he asks to do so. She explained that since BUDS is a school, the instructors also like to take time off to be with their families..... I'm knew to this so I'm not counting on anything, just hopeful that we can see him for Christmas.
Susan
Pre-BUD/S is in Great Lakes (the Naval Base), and is 8 to 13 weeks depending on when you begin (after PIR) and based on the scheduled 'ship' date to Coronado for the start of the next class . . .
I believe they will be able to request leave over the holidays, I don't know if it will be based on number of days available or granted on 'first come, first served' basis . . . he should certainly put in a request and take it from there.
do you know if hey are allowed to have leave if its not a holiday? Or if after they graduate from PIR if they can request a leave because my fiance graduates March 20th and if not i only am allowed to see him the weekend he graduates!
Pre-Buds is in Great Lakes. THey just move over to another base. There is a good chance he will get to come home for Christmas because of the reasons the recruiter gave you but you never really know.
My questions are, are they allowed to leave the base and if they are allowed phone calls home?

RSS

© 2014   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service