This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1544

Replies to This Discussion

Betsy:

Thanks for the well wishes on the running; I'll pass them onto him :-) His girlfriend is very supportive; however, that doesn't squelch the emotions does it! She is doing really awesome. It will get harder this month as the clock ticks down. I like your idea of "Anchors Away" - I might have to redo my invites and steal your idea! Cute.

WOW! Stationed in Hawaii; nice. Does your daughter have plans to visit him while he is there? What year is he in and how did he land in Hawaii. I'm glad she is doing so well.

Hope your Sunday weather in NM is as beautiful as in MI - its a gorgeuos sunny day!

Lori
Lori, your son is fortunate, considering that the Navy has been overmanned, the new fiscal year doesn't start until Oct 01, and many Recruits this past year have had to wait up to a year. Some potential Recruits have been flat out turned away and told to come back later to see if there are any jobs available. :( Tough in this economy, when civie jobs can be hard to find too. Enjoy every moment together until the 25th. :-)

He's also blessed to have a supportive GF! There are Groups on N4Ms that she can join for support too. She may find that her regular friends just don't quite "get all this" like the other GFs/Fiances and Wives do here. It takes a special girl to take a back seat to MA Navy. She must be unselfish, confident, trusting and independent, and learn to be a part of a strong, supportive hometeam along with (not in competition with) Mom. Adam is a fortunate guy that his two main girls like each other and get along. That's not always the case! My new DIL is a real blessing to me and knowing that the lines of communication are good between us, makes my son's job and life much easier!

Oh, and I know a bit about that head spinning feeling too. My son was scheduled for a mid-late summer ship out date, I got a call from him on a Thursday afternoon at the end of that April. He said he needed help moving out of his duplex that weekend!? Turned out, he had changed his Rating, and had a new ship out date. Oh, when are you leaving I asked. NEXT Thursday was his reply! Whirlwind, but we made it happen. :) Get used to writing things on your calendar in pencil for now on. Nothing is ever completely for sure (now and later in the Navy) until the orders are cut and they are enroute. :)~
Angie - Thank you for the nice response! This is going to be short as I'm getting ready for work! Have a Good Monday! Lori
Yep Betsy, Becky's son's name is Adam too! =) Hope you both enjoy the book. I have such a stack on my nightstand, it may take a while to get to it once I order it, so please do review it from a new Navy Mom's perspective for me. Was surprised to hear a Marine Dad recommended it! She'll be tickled.

Lori, we ALL feel like we don't know enough! LOL I learn something new every week, and just when you think you have a handle on most of it, things change! Btw: E3 is his "Paygrade","Rating" is his job. Rate is a combo of the two, as in HM2 (i.e. Hospital Corpsman Second Class) "Rank" however, is an incorrect term to use for an enlisted Sailor, but you'll still hear Navy vets and others using the terms "Rate" and "Rank" rather interchangeably.
I'm re reading posts - Yes, I believe Adam is AE - what is CF; he has mentioned Fiber Optics.
I will definitely be at the Meet and Greet! It will be something to look forward to, meeting you fellow N4Mom's. This is an absolute life saver site - for me anyways. Again, what is the rating - CTR stands for?? - will have to google this. Google and Navy.com are my new best friends!
Aww thanks Kathy. I hesitate to "protrude" as my MIL would say. :) Don't want to be like an an annoying relative and overstay my welcome here. I just love how you ladies are all connecting and bonding already! :-)
im leaving the 27th does anyone know if they'll push for a dec 17th PIR or would they change it? Im hoping its also the 17th, if anyone has information id love to hear about it.
the only thing i know is ive been told by several people that we will be in a push division and graduate the 17th since they will be on holiday shut down after that till january second. and that after we graduate we will have two weeks leave. it willl count against your days of leave. unless you put in a request and work at your recruiters every day and it wont count against your leave days. but thats it. if you get hurt and have issues.. i couldnt tell you what that would mean. hope this helped a little
yea it helps lol. i just really hope im in a push division, i only live about 40 minutes from great lakes, so i would love to be home for christmas. i would work at the recruiters so i can get those leave days back lol. i want to keep as many as possible while trying to be home as much as possible.
hah yeah i agree totally.
glad i could be of some help.
Betsy...I confirmed that they will graduate 12/17 and report to A School, I have been told that they have the choice to stay at A School (school won't start until after the holidays) or go home....did you confirm that as well? Its hard for me to believe that they would allow them to come home in between BC and A school, though I am really happy about that thought I just trying not to get my hopes up to high, I just figured that they would find something for the new "sailors" to do around base. I guess the only concrete information we will get is when they get to BC and send info home, however I'm a planner and the waiting for information is making me crazy. Any thoughts or info you all have would be great.... ;o)
Elizabeth

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service