This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1544

Replies to This Discussion

Hay,
My name is Ashleigh. I am also shipping from Charlotte, NC. I have been in DEP since may. and am also leaving october 25h. I am an HM (corpsman) my A school is across the street from basic. haha. I am also really worried about it being on christmas, and am prayin for the later dates. my whole family is getting together this christmas in ft. lauterdale Florida. and id hate for my parents and grandparents to have to choose between me and christmas with the family. not somthing id like to live with. haha but i guess only time will tell. and prayingggg... alot. haha i passed the IFA yesterday at the recruiters first time, so im pretty siked :) and i have dep call today. my boyfriend of 3 years, just graduated from the airforce in august, and is now in mississippi for training. so i am an emotional basket case, haha but i think the hardest part is just boxing up everything i my room, knowing i will never live at home again :( I am so excited to be apart of the navy, and i hope all your children are excited as i am.

sincerely,
Ashleigh
Hi Ashleigh, Nice to see you here and thank you for choosing to serve our country. My son leaves the same day as you and is really ready to go. He also signed up in May. Congratulations on passing the IFA. Brandon is still trying to get there, hopefully before BC. He is very excited about the navy but plays it cool. That will be some interesting relationship with you in the navy and your boyfriend in the airforce. Good luck in BC and I will be rooting for all of you. Have a nice evening. Kathy
Hay, thank you. if it wasnt for my mom on me everday, maken me go to the gym, i probably wouldnt have been able to pass it either.. i am a tall girl and have been dancing since i was two, so i have alot of muscle weight, which sux, because im over the weight requirements.. i started out at 198 and am now 175.. but i still got ten to go.. so i guess all of us have something we have to overcome. i dont know if ther is still confusion over the graduation date for us.. but maybe i could help.. i talked to my recruiter yesterday about what date it would be.. and he said december the 17th would be our grad. date. eight weeks of bootcamp, thats including processing. and i was also told that we would get christmas leave, because A schools shut down for holidays. but as i have learned recruiters dont know EVERYTHING. :) but just incase it helps. hope you have a wonderful day :)

Ashleigh
Hi Ashleigh, that would really be great if PIR was on Dec. 17th. I guess we can hope. Brandon also started out being overweight. The first time he went to MEPS early in the year but he lost what he needed to get a contract in May and has been trying to lose more to be safe. He has now started going to a "boot camp workout" at the Gym and the trainers there are great. They also give good advise on what to eat and not eat. He can't afford to go every day but once a week will work for him. He will do what he has learned between the times he goes. Of course he is still running every day. My hat goes off to all you deppers that work so hard to get prepared for BC. I am so proud of all of you. Have a great evening. Kathy
hay,
i got some more info about graduation. a dad of a graduating sailor told me that he went in the same time, and got put in a push division. and so his son graduated december 17th and then got to go home for two weeks chrisstmas vacation. because A-schools close on holidays. but he will be in the whole with leave days, so probably wouldnt get any while hes at A-school. but still 2 weeks christmas vacation sounds good to me :) haha.
and good for him. :) its not fun going to work out everyday. but its worth it in the long run. :)
My husband leaves the 27th for Bootcamp.. Im really looking forward to him going cause his mother nor his sister support him and its been nothing but an emotional roller coaster for the both of us because of it. We work and live pay check to pay check and with a 7 year old step-son and wanting to grow our family.. we can't continue to do this. We both want to be able to provide more for our family and both of our parents served in the service and is something we both wanted to do. I have found a HUGE AMOUNT of info on this site thanks to everyone on here... the only thing I can't figure out and I am assuming no one will know til 4-5 weeks in is the PIR date. I really want him home for Christmas.. this will be his son/my step-sons first time without his father.. going to be tough, but the little man understands why Daddy is doing this and is very proud!
hay :) im going the 25th. so he and i would be in the same graduating time. unless hes seals or something.. but a dad of a graduating sailor told me that he went in the same time, and got put in a push division. and so his son graduated december 17th and then got to go home for two weeks chrisstmas vacation. because A-schools close on holidays. but he will be in the whole with leave days, so probably wouldnt get any while hes at A-school. but still thats twoo weeks vacation :) wich id much rather have.

hope that helped a little.
Ashleigh
hayyy :) yess i was told the same thing...
but not about the workin at the recruiters office thing.
:) i was told 2 weeks leave after bootcamp. which is VERY exciting.
my whole family is getting together at Ft. Lauterdale this year for
Christmas.. and with the family getting bigger, probably wont happen again,
so im hoping this is true. :)
but i am def. gonna talk to my recruiter about that.
is your son a DEPer at a charlotte station?
kinda cool us both going out same time and
same place. good to know somebody when i leave :(
im at a gastonia station. wich is only 20 min or so from charlotte. so also very close :) and yes it would be nice flyin out atleast knowing ONE person. haha hows he doing physically, and with the stuff to learn? has he taken the IFA yet?
hay,
well thats sounds really good, im sure hes fine then. haha. uhm yes it is the sailors creed, haha. did he get a DEP book, or something. i would urge him to LEARN IT. because theres a whole lot more then the sailors creed. haha. i hear from people out of basic that the best thing to do is learn all that stuff before you go, so you have less to learn at basic.

my family is okay, i mean there definately behinde me, and proud of me. but im the youngest, and there only girl, so its hard, and my brother is in the marines, so with us both bein in the military life, my mom has a hard time. but shes very proud and tells me everyday. :)

yes he is :) he was in the DEP program for 8 months. then graduated basic august 13th. and now hes in mississippi for technical training till january, then he goes to charelston ( his duty station) for 6 months. then after that he just reports to charelston one weeken a month. but atleast we will get 2 weeks together at christmas :)

have a wonderful day

ashleigh
Hi everyone....I was just reading some posts about PIR, my son is leaving 10/27 for BC I saw some posts that PIR will be 12/17 and that the A School shuts down over the Christmas holiday. Is this true for all new recruits or should I call my son's recruiter and see if he can verify those time frames or is there a website I can check? Sorry I am floundering right now my son doesn't always ask alot of questions and just goes with the flow and I don't want to embarrass him by calling his recruiter, but I am getting so antsy. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Betsy...that is funny, the only thing close to the recruiters office is Chuck E Cheese, I'm not thinking that will work.....LOL

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service