This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I heard tina41 got a letter today!!! Yay for her!!!! Anyone else get one? None for me yet :( My SR has a 7 year old little brother that was crying yesterday because he misses his big brother!

Views: 531

Replies to This Discussion

jessesmom,  we went through the same thing when my SR left for boot camp. His younger brother was 10 years old. It was very hard on him.  I found that Ben felt better after writing his soon to be Sailor brother letters. Ben would also draw lots of pictures.  That helped a lot.

Once boot camp is over than you will have much more communication with your Sailor.  Ben and his big Sailor brother talk on Skype at least 3 times a week.

Hang in there. Time will go by very fast and soon you will be at your son's PIR. .

I had my daughter write her brother and it was funny what she wrote... She said mom is really into this letter writing thing. And she really misses him bugging her so don't forget to bug her in the letters he writes to her...

hello all   it is nice to get to know some moms whose SRs are in the same division as mine.   my SR has a 12 year old brother   he got upset about a month before he left for bc ( my son was in the dep program), so when he actually left he was ok  he writes him letters  when we got his letter i let everyone read it themselves  i think that helps    we all miss him terribly still

I got one yesterday too!!! But Tina and I have the same SR so makes sense lol. I really miss him but the letter made it ALOT easier to handle it all. He sounded kinda down so I'm hoping he starts having a better time there...

Just touching base.  My son is with this group as well.  I just got his actual letter yesterday.  He said he is craving fast food right now but he is doing good.  He said that there hasn't been too many illnesses in his group so far but they did have to take some kind of bacterial cleansing shower during the first week so maybe it helped.

My daughter couldn't wait to see my son leave because they are constantly bickering.  But the day he left she was hanging on to him like he was her personal life preserver and was crying more than I was.  She says now that its too quiet now.  Her bday is coming up at the end of the month and she thinks he won't remember.  He already got her a present before he left so I just have to remember to get it to her.  She will be surprised!

hello all     hope everyone is doing ok     we are entering our third week into bc   we are getting closer to PIR    hang in there

Got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Trav'smom!! Hope the best for your SR :)

I just joined this group because of a recruit that our QC (Quad-Cities) Navy Moms have adopted.  He's from Togo and graduated from HS here after only being in the country for six months.  Even though English isn't his first language, he scored high enough on the ASVAB to join the Navy.  Our recruiter here is a super guy--he asked us to write as the recruit's mom had to go back to Togo.  She'll fortunately be back in time for PIR, but in the meantime, we're writing to him.  He was on hold for awhile in a special div. to learn English military terms--can you imagine not knowing what about face means when you're marching?!  Now he's in 303 with your loved ones.  I got a letter from him this week that was very sweet.

My son is an instructor there in Freedom Hall--he's one that yells at them to keep running or doing push ups or whatever they have to do! 

Gun's Mom  it's so nice of you to adopt this young man and help him through this. I am sure that his mom really appreciates you!!!
welcome ruth---it is very nice of you to adopt one of our division's SRs   thanks for being willing to help us  
i got a letter today!!!!!!!       dont know what it says yet   im not home   will report back later  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service