"Merry Christmas! This was my first Christmas without my sailor, Wow I wasn't expecting it to be so hard. He will be home in a few days, so I thought I'd breeze right through it. I was wrong. LOL. I Hope everyone had a great day!"
Louisiana moms group was established 7/8/2008. We now have a place to say hello. What city are you from. What is your sailor or recuit doing? When is PIR or where is their A school. Are they deployed already? Who else is from Louisiana?
"Good to hear!!! My son said the same, they made a stop on the East Coast before the last leg home and he said they were all freezing when they got off the plane to stretch. They thought 70 was cold just a short time ago. lol.…"
"Did get Dunes call tonight, well I just got off the phone with him. He is safe back in the US and happy as can be. lots to do to get settled in. He had to have a place to live as there is no room for them, so he tells me. E-5…"
Jessica is on prayer list as of 9/12/11 - already prayed over her and will continue for a month. Keep me posted, if you get time. Donna came. But in the meantime, I had already ordered a take out pizza, so we chatted till the pizza came and we left. She is a wonderful person. If you have this next year, keep me on your list! (((((Terry))))) and prayers your way. Dee
That is the Coletta's I go to. I will (God willing) be there on Sept. 12. I will go ahead and call the number you listed earlier and let the person who is taking the calls, know. Thanks for responding in a great timely manner!
Thanks for the message... starting a dinner group is terribly complicated (NOT!)
(1) Pick the day and ONE restaurant. Mondays are ususally slow. I picked Olive Garden because everyone likes Italian & it's reasonably priced. Pick a place that's easy to find.
(2) Put the first nine dinners on the Event Calendar & keep at least 6 out there afterwards. Fill in ALL the blanks & add a map link (GoogleMaps is built in).
(3) POST, POST, & POST. Talk it up. Use an eye-catching picture to be a "logo" (e.g. our Westie with the hat).
(4) Make it clear that folks can arrive late, leave early, bring guests, & don't need to dress up. It must be easy, easy. We have "social time" for the first 30 minutes so no one is "late."
(5) DO ask for a RSVPs on the event page. You'll know how many chairs you'll need and if it's ok to cancel on a rainy night.
(6) DON'T change the date or place for at least nine months, even better for a year. It takes folks time to "internalize" the new group and create the habit of coming. As the group meets, the "bedrock" members will guide changes (e.g. after 9 months, we began to rotate among 4 restaurants, but they're within 2 blocks so it didn't affect driving habits).
Just jump in and do it! You'll have fun and meet people! Be sure to see the local recruiter & offer to buy him a meal the first time he attends. OPTIONAL: I created business cards with space for moms to write a phone number. We all have some & hand them to prospective newbies (give 'em to the recruiter too).
Hi! I can't tell you enough thanks for being so kind & talking with me through emails. I'm so stressed out right now that I'm already driving my husband crazy! LOL I really HATE moving. I'm not one of those gals that goes with the flow. I'm very organized & I'm a control freak! (well, as far as my home & working goes!) I have called the realtor you suggested & we have traded phone messages. Hopefully we will talk soon. Hope we get to meet with you the week of the 16th! Again, thanks for taking the time to care! :)
This is strange, I am still getting used to maneuvering around on the N4M blog. I read your message and accepted your friend request and now I can't find the darn message again.. I spoke with Logan last night. He bought a truck from a guy on base. it isn't anything new but it will get him from A to B. He sounded pumped about that... So I am hopeing that he is getting a bit more comfortable. He said he is in barracks 8, at least that is what he said thats what he calls it. He is an AS ..
Thank your Son again, the offer was very nice. Maybe the 2 of them will get to know each other while there...